Seeking a Full-time Research Assistant for Exciting Opportunity at the:
Pediatric Behavioral Health Integration Program (BHIP)
Department of Pediatrics
Montefiore Medical Group
This position provides a great opportunity for students or recent graduates seeking research training and experience in project management. Join Drs. Miguelina German, Polina Umylny, Teresa Hsu-Walklet, and the rest of the Pediatric BHIP team to participate in evaluating and managing Montefiore’s latest and most innovative behavioral health initiative.
For anyone with interests in population-based health care and early intervention, this position offers an extraordinary chance to be part of groundbreaking projects that are among the largest of their kind.
Description of Pediatric BHIP:
A growing body of evidence indicates that primary care visits are an under-utilized delivery method by which providers can work together to identify and treat patients who require, but would not otherwise seek, psychological care. Through pediatric BHIP, Montefiore Medical Group provides access to high-quality, evidence-based care to nearly 18,000 Bronx children with mental health needs. Provision of behavioral health services in the primary care setting helps remove the stigma often associated with mental health care; a stigma that creates a barrier to care in many circumstances. Our interventions target pediatric patients who present with symptoms of depression, anxiety, and ADHD, as well as those who have suffered traumatic life events or adverse childhood experiences. This treatment model has far-reaching and significant implications for the ways in which child and adolescent mental health care is delivered. Joining the BHIP team will give you clinical exposure to this evolving model of care and/or provide support and data to cultivate your own research questions.
This position will encompass a variety of roles within the Pediatric BHIP team. The Research Assistant position within our team entails: regular evaluation and management of clinical productivity for over 20 clinicians through Excel reports and examining the electronic medical record; coordination of and assistance with virtual teletherapy groups, including outreach and shadowing; participation in ongoing research projects; general data management; and assistance to the leadership team. Applicants for this position should be highly organized and able to maintain several projects at a time.
Ideal Candidate will have:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
• Ability to work in various roles and capacities and flexibility within each role;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and demonstrates strong attention to detail;
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and comfort making phone calls;
• Strength in coaching and teaching colleagues;
• Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
A few of the highlights of the position are included below:
• Participate in researching the effectiveness of the BHIP programs, which includes literature reviews, chart reviews, and data cleaning;
• Learn how to analyze quantitative and qualitative data;
• Gain familiarity with several typically used clinical assessment measures while maintaining a comprehensive database for patient files;
• Learn how to implement aspects of a research study and participate in research team meetings;
• Gain exposure to the cutting-edge field of integrated primary care and familiarity with medical records;
• Mentoring from a clinical and research-oriented psychologist;
• Assist in the preparation of conference presentations and/or manuscripts summarizing study results (authorship opportunity may be available);
• Full Benefits, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays.
Required time commitment
• Full-time position
• Minimum: 1-year commitment; prefer a 2-year commitment
• Bachelor’s degree preferred;
• If an international student, must be here on either a J-1 or F-1 visa;
• Spanish-speaking is a plus!
Becoming a member of our research team is an opportunity to gain both experience with research and familiarity with clinical practice, while serving the diverse and underserved population of the Bronx. This exciting position offers great flexibility and the opportunity to make of it what you will.
Anyone interested in the position should send a copy of their CV and a cover letter to Ms. Jayxa Alonzo at BHIP (firstname.lastname@example.org). Feel free to send any questions to Jayxa.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|