May 2021 Graduate Seeking Post-Bacc Clinical Research Experience

May 2021 Graduate Seeking Post-Bacc Clinical Research Experience

cpince
My name is Claire and I am a senior studying Neuroscience with minors in Medical Sociology and Chemistry at the University of Pennsylvania. I am interested in studying the biological basis of substance abuse and psychiatric disorders and intend to pursue a graduate degree in either Neuroscience of Clinical Psychology. I am eager to gain exposure to clinical research to decide which path is right for me. I have about 1.5 years of experience in addiction and basic science research, under the mentorship of Dr. Sade Spencer through the NIDA Summer Internship Program and Dr. Julie Blendy at the University of Pennsylvania. I have strong communication and organization skills, as well as experience with Excel, MATLAB, and Prism software. I would be most interested in joining a lab that employs neuroimaging techniques and/or combines behavioral and pharmacological treatment interventions. I would be open to taking on a 1-2 year position prior to applying for graduate programs. If you have further questions please contact me at cpince99@sas.upenn.edu.